HBT Daily: NLDS elimination game preview

Oct 9, 2013, 12:42 PM EDT

Kay and I discuss Max Scherzer’s incredible inning and name a few players from the Pirates and Cardinals that need to step up in order for their team to win Game 5.

1. thomas655 - Oct 9, 2013 at 2:02 PM

The Cardinals are the “evil empire” of the National League? Where in the hell did that come from? I believe the Cardinals probably have the largest geographic fan base in all of baseball. I have never heard of the Cardinals being “the team that the whole country is rooting against”!!! Wow, Kay and Craig, that was uncalled for!!!

• perryt200 - Oct 9, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Tom, she asked him if the Cards were and his response might have been a bit shaded, but more along the lines of people are just getting tired of seeing them seemingly always do so well.

While I am SE of STL I still live in Illinois. The Cards being competitive most every year makes it so much harder for the hapless Cubs fans around here. They finished 31 games behind the Cards this year.

The worst (imho best) part is with all the young pitching the Cards have, it might not get any better next year.

• twentzphd - Oct 9, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Puleeze!!! Get rid of these two announcers… neither played baseball at any level and no nothing of the sport. Just PC bulls**t!

2. stlouis1baseball - Oct 9, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Nervous….nervous…nervous! I am ready for it to start…NOW.

3. steelers88 - Oct 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Stlouis1baseball
    How are you nervous? Don’t worry your Cardinals will win. I’m just hoping for a blowout so I can go to bed early!

• stlouis1baseball - Oct 9, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I always get nervous come playoff time. It’s how I am wired. Which is way…waaay…to tightly with regards to playoff baseball. The Wife and kids do a wonderful job of dealing with it.
      Don’t talk to me. Just look at me and make corresponding jokes under your breath.
      Oh…and the fact that these teams have played around 75 times this year and are only separated by 1 game just exacerbates the issue. I have tried to smoke less today to give my throat a jump start on tonight.

4. stlouis1baseball - Oct 9, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Go Cardinals!

5. 34dizzy - Oct 9, 2013 at 5:25 PM

How much more lovable could we get? Midwest nice, mid/small-market team, never throwing money around, building from the farm, no binging and tanking, always doing our best, super-classy uniforms. We’re the successful heartland anti-Yankees.

(But Kay is still lovable too.)

Colby-on-Colby crime in Toronto