Oct 9, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
If the A’s advance past the Tigers they might have to play the ALCS without Jarrod Parker, as Joe Stiglich of CSNBayArea.com reports that the right-hander is showing signs of fatigue that has manager Bob Melvin worried.
Melvin removed Parker early from his Game 3 start because “it just didn’t look 100 percent right” and “the ball was just not coming out of his hand like it has.”
Parker also struggled late in September, which was blamed at the time on a stomach illness. Oakland may also be without A.J. Griffin because of an elbow injury, leaving the A’s short on rotation options. They have to get by Detroit first, though.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (121)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)