Oct 9, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
If the A’s advance past the Tigers they might have to play the ALCS without Jarrod Parker, as Joe Stiglich of CSNBayArea.com reports that the right-hander is showing signs of fatigue that has manager Bob Melvin worried.
Melvin removed Parker early from his Game 3 start because “it just didn’t look 100 percent right” and “the ball was just not coming out of his hand like it has.”
Parker also struggled late in September, which was blamed at the time on a stomach illness. Oakland may also be without A.J. Griffin because of an elbow injury, leaving the A’s short on rotation options. They have to get by Detroit first, though.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)