Sammy Sosa wants to be friends with the Cubs again

Oct 9, 2013, 1:52 PM EDT

sammy sosa getty Getty Images

Sammy Sosa and the Cubs haven’t been on speaking terms for a long time now, but Sosa at least seems interested in reconciling.

In talking to CSNChicago.com for an upcoming documentary, Sosa said of potentially coming back to Wrigley Field:

One hundred percent. I cannot wait for that day. I would be willing to do that anytime they decided to do it. I would be happy to go out there and be on Wrigley Field. Make sure that people see me again, make sure that I’m there, because the memories they have about Sammy Sosa are big and the love that they have for me is big. When the day comes, when the time is right, I’ll be there.

Of course, it should be noted that Sosa said similar stuff back in January and the Cubs have basically ignored it since then, including owner Tom Ricketts calling the whole situation “awkward.”

1. paperlions - Oct 9, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Don’t do it Cubs, it’s a trick. Vampires need you to invite them inside, don’t do it.

• historiophiliac - Oct 9, 2013 at 2:13 PM

You just have to sit through a quick time share presentation and he’ll give you a signed photograph to reward your big love for him.

• Patrick - Oct 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Best comment of the day/week.

2. henryd3rd - Oct 9, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I’m looking forward to seeing Sammy again; because the last time we saw him at the Latin Grammy Awards; his skin was bleached and his eyes were green.

• stlouis1baseball - Oct 9, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Jeesh Henry. That’s uncalled for. Scary…scary stuff.
      You do realize we can’t un-see that right?

3. dexterismyhero - Oct 9, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Go away white Sammy!!!

4. pbastille - Oct 9, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I’m sure they could find a hot dog vendor job for Sammy if they really tried.

5. sandrafluke2012 - Oct 9, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Prove Steroids helped Sosa

• mikhelb - Oct 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM

…or the cork in his bat… even though in “The Mythbusters” they did a half-assed experiment to prove cork doesn’t help, they ended up dismissing the changes in velocity of the bat and used an angle basically impossible to have while swinging a bat.

• stlouis1baseball - Oct 9, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Adam Wainwright just stated it helps you if you think it helps you. It doesn’t help you if you think it doesn’t help you. Or something like that. Was he referring to corked bats, steroids or jumping jacks? Hell…I don’t know. Henry’s link to the ghost of Sammy Sosa has me all kinds of screwed up.

6. deathmonkey41 - Oct 9, 2013 at 2:42 PM

He’s going to stand outside Wrigley with a t-shirt that says, “Seamos amigos!!!”…but he can’t stand out there too long- he has to be wary of sunburn nowdays. It’s the white man’s burden.

• jimeejohnson - Oct 9, 2013 at 7:35 PM

You couldn’t get a sunburn right now in Chicago if you were an Albino.

7. rickdobrydney - Oct 9, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I love when guys like him talk about themselves in the first person. What a clown, a first class clown, and a big time cheat to boot……

• MLBlogsbig3bosox - Oct 9, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Nah man you’re missing the point.. There are two Sammies.. He’s just the evil clone.

8. hwkeycubronco - Oct 9, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I don’t know of on cub fan that has mentioned his name let alone any love for him in a decade.

9. 6ball - Oct 9, 2013 at 3:06 PM

His English has improved so much, he could be spokesman for Rosetta Stone.

10. MLBlogsbig3bosox - Oct 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM

“Because the memories they have about Sammy Sosa are big and the love that they have for me is big.”

Lol, Sammy never change.

11. chiadam - Oct 9, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Isn’t he busy hanging out at Banana Republic with other white people?

12. onbucky96 - Oct 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM

What? I thought Sosa forgot English.

13. earpaniac - Oct 9, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I love how he talks about all the love the fans have for him, so he wants to go back. Don’t do us any favors Sammy. And glad to see the Hooked on Phonics kicked in.

14. anthonyverna - Oct 9, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I’d also like rainbows to shoot out of my butt and a tree to grow money, but that doesn’t always happen, does it?

15. jimeejohnson - Oct 9, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Don’t reply to this scam. You will be taken for all you’re worth.

16. jimeejohnson - Oct 9, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Don’t reply to this scam. You will be taken for all you’re worth.

Teams searching for trade deadline impact
  1. H. Street (3935)