Oct 10, 2013, 9:27 AM EST
UPDATE: Nope, likely not happening. Mike Matheny just said it was doubtful Craig will be on the roster.
9:27 AM: Allen Craig missed the NLDS due to an injured foot. Matt Adams filled in nicely, going 6 for 19 with a double and a homer. But Craig is hoping to be back for the NLCS showdown with the Dodgers, reports Derrick Goold of the Post-Dispatch.
Based on the article it sounds more like Craig wishcasting than a reality, and the Cardinals themselves aren’t holding their breath. Still, if Craig could be available even for random pinch-hitting duties, it would be a plus for St. Louis. Not that they really need the help. The team is basically stacked.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 10
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 90
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)