Oct 10, 2013, 9:27 AM EDT
UPDATE: Nope, likely not happening. Mike Matheny just said it was doubtful Craig will be on the roster.
9:27 AM: Allen Craig missed the NLDS due to an injured foot. Matt Adams filled in nicely, going 6 for 19 with a double and a homer. But Craig is hoping to be back for the NLCS showdown with the Dodgers, reports Derrick Goold of the Post-Dispatch.
Based on the article it sounds more like Craig wishcasting than a reality, and the Cardinals themselves aren’t holding their breath. Still, if Craig could be available even for random pinch-hitting duties, it would be a plus for St. Louis. Not that they really need the help. The team is basically stacked.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)