Oct 10, 2013, 9:27 AM EDT
UPDATE: Nope, likely not happening. Mike Matheny just said it was doubtful Craig will be on the roster.
9:27 AM: Allen Craig missed the NLDS due to an injured foot. Matt Adams filled in nicely, going 6 for 19 with a double and a homer. But Craig is hoping to be back for the NLCS showdown with the Dodgers, reports Derrick Goold of the Post-Dispatch.
Based on the article it sounds more like Craig wishcasting than a reality, and the Cardinals themselves aren’t holding their breath. Still, if Craig could be available even for random pinch-hitting duties, it would be a plus for St. Louis. Not that they really need the help. The team is basically stacked.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 35
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 21
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 22
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 41
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)