Oct 10, 2013, 9:27 AM EDT
UPDATE: Nope, likely not happening. Mike Matheny just said it was doubtful Craig will be on the roster.
9:27 AM: Allen Craig missed the NLDS due to an injured foot. Matt Adams filled in nicely, going 6 for 19 with a double and a homer. But Craig is hoping to be back for the NLCS showdown with the Dodgers, reports Derrick Goold of the Post-Dispatch.
Based on the article it sounds more like Craig wishcasting than a reality, and the Cardinals themselves aren’t holding their breath. Still, if Craig could be available even for random pinch-hitting duties, it would be a plus for St. Louis. Not that they really need the help. The team is basically stacked.
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 11
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 11
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 35
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 41
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 185
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (185)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)