Oct 10, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
Dodgers manager Don Mattingly announced that Zack Greinke will start Game 1 of the NLCS against the Cardinals and Clayton Kershaw will take the mound in Game 2 after starting on short rest for the first time in his career to finish off the NLDS.
That gives Kershaw enough time to make his start on full rest Saturday and obviously having Greinke as your series-opening alternative isn’t exactly a bad spot to be in anyway. Greinke went 15-4 with a 2.63 ERA in 28 starts during the regular season and tossed six innings of two-run ball versus the Braves in Game 2 of the NLDS.
It sounds like Mattingly will stick with Hyun-Jin Ryu in Game 3 despite an awful start Sunday against Atlanta that had people wondering if the rookie left-hander was healthy. Game 3 of the NLCS isn’t until Monday, giving Ryu a week off to rest up.
And then in Game 4 the Dodgers will get to decide whether or not to bump Ricky Nolasco again.
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 22
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)