Oct 10, 2013, 1:07 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal isn’t the sort to usually make wild guesses. So you have to wonder if there isn’t something to this:
— Dennis and Callahan (@DandCShow) October 10, 2013
Obviously Ellsbury would be great for the Mariners. One wonders, though, why they’d be great for him. At least if whatever their offer is isn’t significantly higher from the best offer from an actual contender.
Not that I have any better guesses. After last offseason I don’t think it’s all that easy to predict where free agents are going.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)