Oct 10, 2013, 1:07 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal isn’t the sort to usually make wild guesses. So you have to wonder if there isn’t something to this:
— Dennis and Callahan (@DandCShow) October 10, 2013
Obviously Ellsbury would be great for the Mariners. One wonders, though, why they’d be great for him. At least if whatever their offer is isn’t significantly higher from the best offer from an actual contender.
Not that I have any better guesses. After last offseason I don’t think it’s all that easy to predict where free agents are going.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)