Oct 10, 2013, 1:07 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal isn’t the sort to usually make wild guesses. So you have to wonder if there isn’t something to this:
— Dennis and Callahan (@DandCShow) October 10, 2013
Obviously Ellsbury would be great for the Mariners. One wonders, though, why they’d be great for him. At least if whatever their offer is isn’t significantly higher from the best offer from an actual contender.
Not that I have any better guesses. After last offseason I don’t think it’s all that easy to predict where free agents are going.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8