Oct 10, 2013, 1:07 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal isn’t the sort to usually make wild guesses. So you have to wonder if there isn’t something to this:
— Dennis and Callahan (@DandCShow) October 10, 2013
Obviously Ellsbury would be great for the Mariners. One wonders, though, why they’d be great for him. At least if whatever their offer is isn’t significantly higher from the best offer from an actual contender.
Not that I have any better guesses. After last offseason I don’t think it’s all that easy to predict where free agents are going.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27