Oct 10, 2013, 10:24 PM EDT
Justin Verlander is no longer perfect, but he’s still mowing down the Athletics’ lineup.
After retiring the first 16 batters he faced this evening, Verlander issued a one-out walk to Josh Reddick in the bottom of the sixth inning. Stephen Vogt followed with a long fly out to right-center and Coco Crisp flew out to left to end the inning, so Verlander still has six no-hit innings under his belt.
The Tigers have a 3-0 lead over the Athletics as we move into the seventh inning in Oakland. Verlander has a chance to bring his team to the ALCS in historic fashion.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (121)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)