Oct 10, 2013, 10:24 PM EDT
Justin Verlander is no longer perfect, but he’s still mowing down the Athletics’ lineup.
After retiring the first 16 batters he faced this evening, Verlander issued a one-out walk to Josh Reddick in the bottom of the sixth inning. Stephen Vogt followed with a long fly out to right-center and Coco Crisp flew out to left to end the inning, so Verlander still has six no-hit innings under his belt.
The Tigers have a 3-0 lead over the Athletics as we move into the seventh inning in Oakland. Verlander has a chance to bring his team to the ALCS in historic fashion.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (81)