Oct 10, 2013, 9:56 PM EDT
Justin Verlander threw a shutout in Game 5 of the ALDS against the Athletics last year to lead the Tigers to the ALCS. He’s dominating Oakland again in tonight’s do-or-die contest.
Verlander has yet to allow a baserunner over his first five innings so far. He has been completely locked in, striking out six batters while throwing 45 out of 66 pitches for strikes. Miguel Cabrera‘s two-run homer in the fourth inning has been the only offense of the game so far for the Tigers, but two runs might be enough for Verlander tonight.
It’s 2-0 Tigers as we move to the top of the sixth inning at O.co Coliseum.
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 0
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 14
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 37
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 181
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (181)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)