Oct 10, 2013, 9:56 PM EDT
Justin Verlander threw a shutout in Game 5 of the ALDS against the Athletics last year to lead the Tigers to the ALCS. He’s dominating Oakland again in tonight’s do-or-die contest.
Verlander has yet to allow a baserunner over his first five innings so far. He has been completely locked in, striking out six batters while throwing 45 out of 66 pitches for strikes. Miguel Cabrera‘s two-run homer in the fourth inning has been the only offense of the game so far for the Tigers, but two runs might be enough for Verlander tonight.
It’s 2-0 Tigers as we move to the top of the sixth inning at O.co Coliseum.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)