Oct 10, 2013, 9:56 PM EDT
Justin Verlander threw a shutout in Game 5 of the ALDS against the Athletics last year to lead the Tigers to the ALCS. He’s dominating Oakland again in tonight’s do-or-die contest.
Verlander has yet to allow a baserunner over his first five innings so far. He has been completely locked in, striking out six batters while throwing 45 out of 66 pitches for strikes. Miguel Cabrera‘s two-run homer in the fourth inning has been the only offense of the game so far for the Tigers, but two runs might be enough for Verlander tonight.
It’s 2-0 Tigers as we move to the top of the sixth inning at O.co Coliseum.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (93)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (86)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)