Oct 11, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
Cardinals first baseman-slash-outfielder Allen Craig has been cleared for more baseball activity, reports Brian Stull on Twitter. He has been sidelined since early September due to a Lisfranc injury in his right foot, ending the regular season with a .315/.373/.457 line and 97 RBI in 563 plate appearances.
Cardinals GM John Mozeliak has not ruled out using Craig as a DH should his team advance to the World Series, per Jon Morosi of FOX Sports.
Without Craig, the Cardinals have been using Matt Adams at first base. During the NLDS against the Pirates, Adams had six hits in 19 trips to the plate, including an eighth-inning two-run home run against Mark Melancon in Game 5. They will continue to use Adams at first base in the NLCS against the Dodgers.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)