Oct 11, 2013, 7:45 PM EST
Cardinals first baseman-slash-outfielder Allen Craig has been cleared for more baseball activity, reports Brian Stull on Twitter. He has been sidelined since early September due to a Lisfranc injury in his right foot, ending the regular season with a .315/.373/.457 line and 97 RBI in 563 plate appearances.
Cardinals GM John Mozeliak has not ruled out using Craig as a DH should his team advance to the World Series, per Jon Morosi of FOX Sports.
Without Craig, the Cardinals have been using Matt Adams at first base. During the NLDS against the Pirates, Adams had six hits in 19 trips to the plate, including an eighth-inning two-run home run against Mark Melancon in Game 5. They will continue to use Adams at first base in the NLCS against the Dodgers.
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)