Oct 11, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
Cardinals first baseman-slash-outfielder Allen Craig has been cleared for more baseball activity, reports Brian Stull on Twitter. He has been sidelined since early September due to a Lisfranc injury in his right foot, ending the regular season with a .315/.373/.457 line and 97 RBI in 563 plate appearances.
Cardinals GM John Mozeliak has not ruled out using Craig as a DH should his team advance to the World Series, per Jon Morosi of FOX Sports.
Without Craig, the Cardinals have been using Matt Adams at first base. During the NLDS against the Pirates, Adams had six hits in 19 trips to the plate, including an eighth-inning two-run home run against Mark Melancon in Game 5. They will continue to use Adams at first base in the NLCS against the Dodgers.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)