Oct 11, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
Capuano is a surprise removal after throwing three shutout innings of relief against the Braves in Game 3 of the NLDS and Rodriguez has a 2.21 career ERA, although he’s really struggled of late. By dropping left-handers Capuano and Rodriguez the Dodgers now have J.P. Howell as the lone southpaw in the bullpen.
Marmol threw 21 innings for the Dodgers after coming over from the Cubs in July, posting a 2.53 ERA and 27 strikeouts, but he also issued 19 walks and generally wasn’t counted on in key spots. Volquez tossed 28 innings with a 4.18 ERA and 26/8 K/BB ratio after signing with the Dodgers in August following his released by the Padres.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)