Oct 11, 2013, 12:12 PM EST
Capuano is a surprise removal after throwing three shutout innings of relief against the Braves in Game 3 of the NLDS and Rodriguez has a 2.21 career ERA, although he’s really struggled of late. By dropping left-handers Capuano and Rodriguez the Dodgers now have J.P. Howell as the lone southpaw in the bullpen.
Marmol threw 21 innings for the Dodgers after coming over from the Cubs in July, posting a 2.53 ERA and 27 strikeouts, but he also issued 19 walks and generally wasn’t counted on in key spots. Volquez tossed 28 innings with a 4.18 ERA and 26/8 K/BB ratio after signing with the Dodgers in August following his released by the Padres.
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 0
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 18
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)