Oct 11, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
Capuano is a surprise removal after throwing three shutout innings of relief against the Braves in Game 3 of the NLDS and Rodriguez has a 2.21 career ERA, although he’s really struggled of late. By dropping left-handers Capuano and Rodriguez the Dodgers now have J.P. Howell as the lone southpaw in the bullpen.
Marmol threw 21 innings for the Dodgers after coming over from the Cubs in July, posting a 2.53 ERA and 27 strikeouts, but he also issued 19 walks and generally wasn’t counted on in key spots. Volquez tossed 28 innings with a 4.18 ERA and 26/8 K/BB ratio after signing with the Dodgers in August following his released by the Padres.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)