Oct 11, 2013, 12:12 PM EST
Capuano is a surprise removal after throwing three shutout innings of relief against the Braves in Game 3 of the NLDS and Rodriguez has a 2.21 career ERA, although he’s really struggled of late. By dropping left-handers Capuano and Rodriguez the Dodgers now have J.P. Howell as the lone southpaw in the bullpen.
Marmol threw 21 innings for the Dodgers after coming over from the Cubs in July, posting a 2.53 ERA and 27 strikeouts, but he also issued 19 walks and generally wasn’t counted on in key spots. Volquez tossed 28 innings with a 4.18 ERA and 26/8 K/BB ratio after signing with the Dodgers in August following his released by the Padres.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (92)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)