Oct 11, 2013, 12:12 PM EST
Capuano is a surprise removal after throwing three shutout innings of relief against the Braves in Game 3 of the NLDS and Rodriguez has a 2.21 career ERA, although he’s really struggled of late. By dropping left-handers Capuano and Rodriguez the Dodgers now have J.P. Howell as the lone southpaw in the bullpen.
Marmol threw 21 innings for the Dodgers after coming over from the Cubs in July, posting a 2.53 ERA and 27 strikeouts, but he also issued 19 walks and generally wasn’t counted on in key spots. Volquez tossed 28 innings with a 4.18 ERA and 26/8 K/BB ratio after signing with the Dodgers in August following his released by the Padres.
- Jose Iglesias, with an extended aside about cheeseburger and burrito stats 9
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 4
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 45
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86