Oct 11, 2013, 11:59 PM EDT
Game 1 of the NLCS is already giving you the drama you crave. Both the Cardinals and Dodgers have put up zeroes outside of Juan Uribe‘s two-run single in the top of the third and Carlos Beltran‘s game-tying, two-run double in the bottom of the third.
Zack Greinke put together an outstanding start, holding the Cardinals to just the two runs on four hits and a walk while striking out ten. Cardinals starter Joe Kelly went six innings, allowing two runs on six hits and two walks while striking out five.
Dodgers reliever Brian Wilson was in danger in the bottom of the ninth, walking two to put runners on first and second with two outs, but he got Jon Jay to fly out to center to send the game to extras.
Cardinals reliever Trevor Rosenthal is back out on the mound in the top of the tenth for his second inning of work.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 71
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (76)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (71)