Oct 11, 2013, 11:59 PM EDT
Game 1 of the NLCS is already giving you the drama you crave. Both the Cardinals and Dodgers have put up zeroes outside of Juan Uribe‘s two-run single in the top of the third and Carlos Beltran‘s game-tying, two-run double in the bottom of the third.
Zack Greinke put together an outstanding start, holding the Cardinals to just the two runs on four hits and a walk while striking out ten. Cardinals starter Joe Kelly went six innings, allowing two runs on six hits and two walks while striking out five.
Dodgers reliever Brian Wilson was in danger in the bottom of the ninth, walking two to put runners on first and second with two outs, but he got Jon Jay to fly out to center to send the game to extras.
Cardinals reliever Trevor Rosenthal is back out on the mound in the top of the tenth for his second inning of work.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)