Oct 11, 2013, 11:59 PM EST
Game 1 of the NLCS is already giving you the drama you crave. Both the Cardinals and Dodgers have put up zeroes outside of Juan Uribe‘s two-run single in the top of the third and Carlos Beltran‘s game-tying, two-run double in the bottom of the third.
Zack Greinke put together an outstanding start, holding the Cardinals to just the two runs on four hits and a walk while striking out ten. Cardinals starter Joe Kelly went six innings, allowing two runs on six hits and two walks while striking out five.
Dodgers reliever Brian Wilson was in danger in the bottom of the ninth, walking two to put runners on first and second with two outs, but he got Jon Jay to fly out to center to send the game to extras.
Cardinals reliever Trevor Rosenthal is back out on the mound in the top of the tenth for his second inning of work.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 26
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 29
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)