Oct 11, 2013, 11:59 PM EDT
Game 1 of the NLCS is already giving you the drama you crave. Both the Cardinals and Dodgers have put up zeroes outside of Juan Uribe‘s two-run single in the top of the third and Carlos Beltran‘s game-tying, two-run double in the bottom of the third.
Zack Greinke put together an outstanding start, holding the Cardinals to just the two runs on four hits and a walk while striking out ten. Cardinals starter Joe Kelly went six innings, allowing two runs on six hits and two walks while striking out five.
Dodgers reliever Brian Wilson was in danger in the bottom of the ninth, walking two to put runners on first and second with two outs, but he got Jon Jay to fly out to center to send the game to extras.
Cardinals reliever Trevor Rosenthal is back out on the mound in the top of the tenth for his second inning of work.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)