Oct 11, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
Meritocracy in action: Joe West is the crew chief for the ALCS. His team will consist of Dale Scott, Rob Drake, Dan Iassogna, Ron Kulpa and Alfonso Marquez. Gerry Davis will be the NLCS crew chief. His men in blue: Ted Barrett, Mark Carlson, Bruce Dreckman, Mike Everitt and Greg Gibson.
Actually, mostly good crews as far as my memory serves. I’m no West fan, but most of our usual ump-show umps are not present on the Championship Series rosters.
But, man, West.
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 28
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 72
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 64
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)