Oct 11, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
Meritocracy in action: Joe West is the crew chief for the ALCS. His team will consist of Dale Scott, Rob Drake, Dan Iassogna, Ron Kulpa and Alfonso Marquez. Gerry Davis will be the NLCS crew chief. His men in blue: Ted Barrett, Mark Carlson, Bruce Dreckman, Mike Everitt and Greg Gibson.
Actually, mostly good crews as far as my memory serves. I’m no West fan, but most of our usual ump-show umps are not present on the Championship Series rosters.
But, man, West.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 34
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 19
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)