Oct 11, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
Meritocracy in action: Joe West is the crew chief for the ALCS. His team will consist of Dale Scott, Rob Drake, Dan Iassogna, Ron Kulpa and Alfonso Marquez. Gerry Davis will be the NLCS crew chief. His men in blue: Ted Barrett, Mark Carlson, Bruce Dreckman, Mike Everitt and Greg Gibson.
Actually, mostly good crews as far as my memory serves. I’m no West fan, but most of our usual ump-show umps are not present on the Championship Series rosters.
But, man, West.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 3
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)