Oct 11, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
Meritocracy in action: Joe West is the crew chief for the ALCS. His team will consist of Dale Scott, Rob Drake, Dan Iassogna, Ron Kulpa and Alfonso Marquez. Gerry Davis will be the NLCS crew chief. His men in blue: Ted Barrett, Mark Carlson, Bruce Dreckman, Mike Everitt and Greg Gibson.
Actually, mostly good crews as far as my memory serves. I’m no West fan, but most of our usual ump-show umps are not present on the Championship Series rosters.
But, man, West.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 2
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 20
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)