Oct 11, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
Meritocracy in action: Joe West is the crew chief for the ALCS. His team will consist of Dale Scott, Rob Drake, Dan Iassogna, Ron Kulpa and Alfonso Marquez. Gerry Davis will be the NLCS crew chief. His men in blue: Ted Barrett, Mark Carlson, Bruce Dreckman, Mike Everitt and Greg Gibson.
Actually, mostly good crews as far as my memory serves. I’m no West fan, but most of our usual ump-show umps are not present on the Championship Series rosters.
But, man, West.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)