Oct 11, 2013, 9:36 PM EDT
Cardinals starter Joe Kelly found himself in hot water in the top of the third inning. Carl Crawford led off with a double to left, then moved to third base on a Mark Ellis ground out. Kelly then walked Hanley Ramirez and Adrian Gonzalez in succession, loading the bases for Yasiel Puig. Puig hit a grounder back up the middle to Kelly, who was in a great position to turn a 1-2-3 double play. Unfortunately for the Cardinals, Kelly fumbled the ball a bit and could only throw home for the one force out, keeping the inning alive.
Uribe swung at the first pitch he saw from Kelly, a 96 MPH fastball, sending a sharp grounder back up the middle, scoring both Ramirez and Gonzalez, putting the Dodgers up 2-0.
The Cardinals have gone six-up, six-down against Dodgers starter Zack Greinke through two innings thus far.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 56
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 95
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)