Oct 11, 2013, 9:36 PM EDT
Cardinals starter Joe Kelly found himself in hot water in the top of the third inning. Carl Crawford led off with a double to left, then moved to third base on a Mark Ellis ground out. Kelly then walked Hanley Ramirez and Adrian Gonzalez in succession, loading the bases for Yasiel Puig. Puig hit a grounder back up the middle to Kelly, who was in a great position to turn a 1-2-3 double play. Unfortunately for the Cardinals, Kelly fumbled the ball a bit and could only throw home for the one force out, keeping the inning alive.
Uribe swung at the first pitch he saw from Kelly, a 96 MPH fastball, sending a sharp grounder back up the middle, scoring both Ramirez and Gonzalez, putting the Dodgers up 2-0.
The Cardinals have gone six-up, six-down against Dodgers starter Zack Greinke through two innings thus far.
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 10
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 3
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 37
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 49
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)