Oct 11, 2013, 9:36 PM EDT
Cardinals starter Joe Kelly found himself in hot water in the top of the third inning. Carl Crawford led off with a double to left, then moved to third base on a Mark Ellis ground out. Kelly then walked Hanley Ramirez and Adrian Gonzalez in succession, loading the bases for Yasiel Puig. Puig hit a grounder back up the middle to Kelly, who was in a great position to turn a 1-2-3 double play. Unfortunately for the Cardinals, Kelly fumbled the ball a bit and could only throw home for the one force out, keeping the inning alive.
Uribe swung at the first pitch he saw from Kelly, a 96 MPH fastball, sending a sharp grounder back up the middle, scoring both Ramirez and Gonzalez, putting the Dodgers up 2-0.
The Cardinals have gone six-up, six-down against Dodgers starter Zack Greinke through two innings thus far.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 25
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)