Oct 11, 2013, 9:36 PM EDT
Cardinals starter Joe Kelly found himself in hot water in the top of the third inning. Carl Crawford led off with a double to left, then moved to third base on a Mark Ellis ground out. Kelly then walked Hanley Ramirez and Adrian Gonzalez in succession, loading the bases for Yasiel Puig. Puig hit a grounder back up the middle to Kelly, who was in a great position to turn a 1-2-3 double play. Unfortunately for the Cardinals, Kelly fumbled the ball a bit and could only throw home for the one force out, keeping the inning alive.
Uribe swung at the first pitch he saw from Kelly, a 96 MPH fastball, sending a sharp grounder back up the middle, scoring both Ramirez and Gonzalez, putting the Dodgers up 2-0.
The Cardinals have gone six-up, six-down against Dodgers starter Zack Greinke through two innings thus far.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 17
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)