Oct 11, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Pearl Jam getting ready to light ’emup mup mup mup mup for the World Series. From Billboard:
A partnership with Fox Sports will include extensive use of 48 Pearl Jam songs across the promotional and music beds for this month’s World Series coverage, set to air Oct. 23-31 on Fox, and feature the group’s music throughout November as Artist of the Month across all Fox Sports properties.
The Billboard article talks about the scope of the licensing deal and how unprecedented this sort of thing is for Pearl Jam. Also a neat story about an Eddie Vedder and Joe Buck conversation. Which does nothing to take away from my theory that Joe Buck would be pretty awesome to hang around in any context other than during a baseball game in which he is the actual broadcaster. Oh well, can’t always get what you want.
Sorry. Wrong band.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 7
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 9
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 54
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (110)