Oct 11, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Pearl Jam getting ready to light ’emup mup mup mup mup for the World Series. From Billboard:
A partnership with Fox Sports will include extensive use of 48 Pearl Jam songs across the promotional and music beds for this month’s World Series coverage, set to air Oct. 23-31 on Fox, and feature the group’s music throughout November as Artist of the Month across all Fox Sports properties.
The Billboard article talks about the scope of the licensing deal and how unprecedented this sort of thing is for Pearl Jam. Also a neat story about an Eddie Vedder and Joe Buck conversation. Which does nothing to take away from my theory that Joe Buck would be pretty awesome to hang around in any context other than during a baseball game in which he is the actual broadcaster. Oh well, can’t always get what you want.
Sorry. Wrong band.
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 8
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 27
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 26
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 46
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 94
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)