Oct 11, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Pearl Jam getting ready to light ’emup mup mup mup mup for the World Series. From Billboard:
A partnership with Fox Sports will include extensive use of 48 Pearl Jam songs across the promotional and music beds for this month’s World Series coverage, set to air Oct. 23-31 on Fox, and feature the group’s music throughout November as Artist of the Month across all Fox Sports properties.
The Billboard article talks about the scope of the licensing deal and how unprecedented this sort of thing is for Pearl Jam. Also a neat story about an Eddie Vedder and Joe Buck conversation. Which does nothing to take away from my theory that Joe Buck would be pretty awesome to hang around in any context other than during a baseball game in which he is the actual broadcaster. Oh well, can’t always get what you want.
Sorry. Wrong band.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)