Oct 11, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Rather than hit the open market as a free agent in a few weeks reliever Jason Frasor has agreed to a one-year deal with the Rangers.
Jeff Wilson of the Forth Worth Star Telegram reports that it’s worth $1.75 million plus incentives, which is a small raise from his $1.5 million salary this season.
Frasor is 35 years old, so he was unlikely to land a big multi-year contract anyway, but $1.75 million is a very reasonable price for a consistently solid setup man who threw 49 innings with a 2.57 ERA and 48/20 K/BB ratio this season.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (156)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)