Oct 11, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
Red Sox manager John Farrell laid out the team’s rotation plans for the ALCS. Jon Lester will start Game 1 tomorrow, followed by Clay Buchholz in Game 2, John Lackey in Game 3, and Jake Peavy in Game 4.
In the ALDS win over the Rays the Red Sox used Lackey in Game 2 and Buchholz in Game 3, so Farrell has decided to flip them around now. And the rotation also means everyone but Peavy is lined up to potentially start twice in the series.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)