Oct 11, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
Red Sox manager John Farrell laid out the team’s rotation plans for the ALCS. Jon Lester will start Game 1 tomorrow, followed by Clay Buchholz in Game 2, John Lackey in Game 3, and Jake Peavy in Game 4.
In the ALDS win over the Rays the Red Sox used Lackey in Game 2 and Buchholz in Game 3, so Farrell has decided to flip them around now. And the rotation also means everyone but Peavy is lined up to potentially start twice in the series.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)