Oct 11, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
Red Sox manager John Farrell laid out the team’s rotation plans for the ALCS. Jon Lester will start Game 1 tomorrow, followed by Clay Buchholz in Game 2, John Lackey in Game 3, and Jake Peavy in Game 4.
In the ALDS win over the Rays the Red Sox used Lackey in Game 2 and Buchholz in Game 3, so Farrell has decided to flip them around now. And the rotation also means everyone but Peavy is lined up to potentially start twice in the series.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)