Oct 12, 2013, 11:24 PM EST
Tigers starter Anibal Sanchez no-hit the Red Sox through six innings, but as his pitch count was run up so high, he could not complete the feat. The right-hander exited after tossing 116 pitches. Reliever Al Alburquerque took over for him in the bottom of the seventh, retiring the bottom of the Red Sox lineup in order, recording two strikeouts in the process.
Jose Veras will get the call in the eighth inning. Veras has made one appearance for the Tigers in the playoffs thus far, tossing 1.2 innings in Game 3 of the ALDS against the Athletics. He allowed two hits and struck out three. He will face Shane Victorino, Dustin Pedroia, and David Ortiz.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15