Oct 12, 2013, 11:24 PM EDT
Tigers starter Anibal Sanchez no-hit the Red Sox through six innings, but as his pitch count was run up so high, he could not complete the feat. The right-hander exited after tossing 116 pitches. Reliever Al Alburquerque took over for him in the bottom of the seventh, retiring the bottom of the Red Sox lineup in order, recording two strikeouts in the process.
Jose Veras will get the call in the eighth inning. Veras has made one appearance for the Tigers in the playoffs thus far, tossing 1.2 innings in Game 3 of the ALDS against the Athletics. He allowed two hits and struck out three. He will face Shane Victorino, Dustin Pedroia, and David Ortiz.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8