Oct 12, 2013, 11:24 PM EDT
Tigers starter Anibal Sanchez no-hit the Red Sox through six innings, but as his pitch count was run up so high, he could not complete the feat. The right-hander exited after tossing 116 pitches. Reliever Al Alburquerque took over for him in the bottom of the seventh, retiring the bottom of the Red Sox lineup in order, recording two strikeouts in the process.
Jose Veras will get the call in the eighth inning. Veras has made one appearance for the Tigers in the playoffs thus far, tossing 1.2 innings in Game 3 of the ALDS against the Athletics. He allowed two hits and struck out three. He will face Shane Victorino, Dustin Pedroia, and David Ortiz.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (75)