Oct 12, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT
Lineups for Game 1 of the ALCS in Boston …
As expected, Jose Iglesias is back at shortstop after Jhonny Peralta made the start there in Game 5 of the ALDS against the Athletics on Thursday. Peralta is still in the lineup, but this time he’ll be in left field. Anibal Sanchez will be on the mound for the Tigers.
Most notably, David Ross will get the nod behind the plate rather than Jarrod Saltalamacchia. According to Scott Lauber of the Boston Herald, Red Sox manager John Farrell cited Ross’ work with Jon Lester on September 3 against the Tigers as the reason for the decision. The southpaw had one of his best starts of the season that day, tossing seven innings of one-run ball while striking out nine batters. The Red Sox are hoping for a repeat today.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)