Oct 12, 2013, 5:10 PM EST
Lineups for Game 1 of the ALCS in Boston …
As expected, Jose Iglesias is back at shortstop after Jhonny Peralta made the start there in Game 5 of the ALDS against the Athletics on Thursday. Peralta is still in the lineup, but this time he’ll be in left field. Anibal Sanchez will be on the mound for the Tigers.
Most notably, David Ross will get the nod behind the plate rather than Jarrod Saltalamacchia. According to Scott Lauber of the Boston Herald, Red Sox manager John Farrell cited Ross’ work with Jon Lester on September 3 against the Tigers as the reason for the decision. The southpaw had one of his best starts of the season that day, tossing seven innings of one-run ball while striking out nine batters. The Red Sox are hoping for a repeat today.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 20
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 143
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 39
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 15
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 23