Oct 12, 2013, 1:16 PM EDT
Lynn was the winning pitcher in Game 1 last night after he tossed two innings of scoreless relief. Shelby Miller was the other candidate to start Game 4, but he’ll remain in the bullpen.
Lynn, who had a 3.97 ERA in 33 starts during the regular season, allowed five runs on seven hits and three walks over 4 1/3 innings during his start in Game 2 of the NLDS against the Pirates. The Cardinals will hope for better results when he opposes Ricky Nolasco on Tuesday in Los Angeles.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)