Oct 12, 2013, 1:16 PM EST
Lynn was the winning pitcher in Game 1 last night after he tossed two innings of scoreless relief. Shelby Miller was the other candidate to start Game 4, but he’ll remain in the bullpen.
Lynn, who had a 3.97 ERA in 33 starts during the regular season, allowed five runs on seven hits and three walks over 4 1/3 innings during his start in Game 2 of the NLDS against the Pirates. The Cardinals will hope for better results when he opposes Ricky Nolasco on Tuesday in Los Angeles.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)