Oct 12, 2013, 1:16 PM EST
Lynn was the winning pitcher in Game 1 last night after he tossed two innings of scoreless relief. Shelby Miller was the other candidate to start Game 4, but he’ll remain in the bullpen.
Lynn, who had a 3.97 ERA in 33 starts during the regular season, allowed five runs on seven hits and three walks over 4 1/3 innings during his start in Game 2 of the NLDS against the Pirates. The Cardinals will hope for better results when he opposes Ricky Nolasco on Tuesday in Los Angeles.
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 47
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (246)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (97)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)