Oct 12, 2013, 1:16 PM EDT
Lynn was the winning pitcher in Game 1 last night after he tossed two innings of scoreless relief. Shelby Miller was the other candidate to start Game 4, but he’ll remain in the bullpen.
Lynn, who had a 3.97 ERA in 33 starts during the regular season, allowed five runs on seven hits and three walks over 4 1/3 innings during his start in Game 2 of the NLDS against the Pirates. The Cardinals will hope for better results when he opposes Ricky Nolasco on Tuesday in Los Angeles.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)