Oct 12, 2013, 1:16 PM EDT
Lynn was the winning pitcher in Game 1 last night after he tossed two innings of scoreless relief. Shelby Miller was the other candidate to start Game 4, but he’ll remain in the bullpen.
Lynn, who had a 3.97 ERA in 33 starts during the regular season, allowed five runs on seven hits and three walks over 4 1/3 innings during his start in Game 2 of the NLDS against the Pirates. The Cardinals will hope for better results when he opposes Ricky Nolasco on Tuesday in Los Angeles.
- Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 11
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)