Oct 12, 2013, 5:33 PM EST
David Freese led off the fifth with a double to the left field corner and eventually moved over to third base on a passed ball by A.J. Ellis. That passed ball proved critical, as after Kershaw struck out Matt Adams swinging for the first out, Jon Jay followed with a sacrifice fly to get the Cardinals on the board.
The Cardinals lead Game 2 of the NLCS by the score of 1-0 as the Dodgers come to bat in the top of the sixth inning. This one is moving quickly.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)