Oct 12, 2013, 5:33 PM EST
David Freese led off the fifth with a double to the left field corner and eventually moved over to third base on a passed ball by A.J. Ellis. That passed ball proved critical, as after Kershaw struck out Matt Adams swinging for the first out, Jon Jay followed with a sacrifice fly to get the Cardinals on the board.
The Cardinals lead Game 2 of the NLCS by the score of 1-0 as the Dodgers come to bat in the top of the sixth inning. This one is moving quickly.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 20
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 29
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)