Oct 12, 2013, 5:33 PM EDT
David Freese led off the fifth with a double to the left field corner and eventually moved over to third base on a passed ball by A.J. Ellis. That passed ball proved critical, as after Kershaw struck out Matt Adams swinging for the first out, Jon Jay followed with a sacrifice fly to get the Cardinals on the board.
The Cardinals lead Game 2 of the NLCS by the score of 1-0 as the Dodgers come to bat in the top of the sixth inning. This one is moving quickly.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)