Oct 12, 2013, 5:33 PM EDT
David Freese led off the fifth with a double to the left field corner and eventually moved over to third base on a passed ball by A.J. Ellis. That passed ball proved critical, as after Kershaw struck out Matt Adams swinging for the first out, Jon Jay followed with a sacrifice fly to get the Cardinals on the board.
The Cardinals lead Game 2 of the NLCS by the score of 1-0 as the Dodgers come to bat in the top of the sixth inning. This one is moving quickly.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)