Oct 13, 2013, 5:02 PM EST
Below are the starting lineups for Game 2 of the ALCS between the Tigers and Red Sox at Boston’s Fenway Park. First pitch is scheduled for just after 8:00 p.m. ET on FOX. Detroit leads the best-of-seven Championship Series 1-0 after Saturday’s victory.
Boston Red Sox
Detroit is using the same starting lineup from last week’s ALDS Game 5 win over the A’s at Oakland’s O.co Coliseum. It’s only the second start at shortstop for Peralta since he returned from his 50-game performance-enhancing drug suspension. He had been playing primarily in left field. Jose Iglesias will be available off the bench as a pinch-runner or defensive replacement. The Red Sox, as expected, have subbed Carp for Mike Napoli at first base and Gomes for Daniel Nava in left field. We’ll have updates all night here on HBT.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)