Oct 13, 2013, 5:02 PM EST
Below are the starting lineups for Game 2 of the ALCS between the Tigers and Red Sox at Boston’s Fenway Park. First pitch is scheduled for just after 8:00 p.m. ET on FOX. Detroit leads the best-of-seven Championship Series 1-0 after Saturday’s victory.
Boston Red Sox
Detroit is using the same starting lineup from last week’s ALDS Game 5 win over the A’s at Oakland’s O.co Coliseum. It’s only the second start at shortstop for Peralta since he returned from his 50-game performance-enhancing drug suspension. He had been playing primarily in left field. Jose Iglesias will be available off the bench as a pinch-runner or defensive replacement. The Red Sox, as expected, have subbed Carp for Mike Napoli at first base and Gomes for Daniel Nava in left field. We’ll have updates all night here on HBT.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)