Oct 13, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Below are the starting lineups for Game 2 of the ALCS between the Tigers and Red Sox at Boston’s Fenway Park. First pitch is scheduled for just after 8:00 p.m. ET on FOX. Detroit leads the best-of-seven Championship Series 1-0 after Saturday’s victory.
Boston Red Sox
Detroit is using the same starting lineup from last week’s ALDS Game 5 win over the A’s at Oakland’s O.co Coliseum. It’s only the second start at shortstop for Peralta since he returned from his 50-game performance-enhancing drug suspension. He had been playing primarily in left field. Jose Iglesias will be available off the bench as a pinch-runner or defensive replacement. The Red Sox, as expected, have subbed Carp for Mike Napoli at first base and Gomes for Daniel Nava in left field. We’ll have updates all night here on HBT.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (79)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (71)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (70)