Oct 13, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Below are the starting lineups for Game 2 of the ALCS between the Tigers and Red Sox at Boston’s Fenway Park. First pitch is scheduled for just after 8:00 p.m. ET on FOX. Detroit leads the best-of-seven Championship Series 1-0 after Saturday’s victory.
Boston Red Sox
Detroit is using the same starting lineup from last week’s ALDS Game 5 win over the A’s at Oakland’s O.co Coliseum. It’s only the second start at shortstop for Peralta since he returned from his 50-game performance-enhancing drug suspension. He had been playing primarily in left field. Jose Iglesias will be available off the bench as a pinch-runner or defensive replacement. The Red Sox, as expected, have subbed Carp for Mike Napoli at first base and Gomes for Daniel Nava in left field. We’ll have updates all night here on HBT.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)