Oct 13, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
The Tigers took an early 1-0 lead in Game 2 of the ALCS against the Red Sox. Victor Martinez hit a one-out double to left-center off of Sox starter Clay Buchholz. He advanced to third on Jhonny Peralta‘s line drive single to left, then came home when Alex Avila ripped a single up the middle. Omar Infante hit into a 6-4-3 double play to put the kibosh on the rally.
Tigers starter Max Scherzer pitched a scoreless first inning, recording two strikeouts. He’ll look to continue the offensive drought for the Red Sox.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 3
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 35
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)