Oct 13, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
The Tigers took an early 1-0 lead in Game 2 of the ALCS against the Red Sox. Victor Martinez hit a one-out double to left-center off of Sox starter Clay Buchholz. He advanced to third on Jhonny Peralta‘s line drive single to left, then came home when Alex Avila ripped a single up the middle. Omar Infante hit into a 6-4-3 double play to put the kibosh on the rally.
Tigers starter Max Scherzer pitched a scoreless first inning, recording two strikeouts. He’ll look to continue the offensive drought for the Red Sox.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 58
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 61
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 18
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)