Oct 13, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
The Tigers took an early 1-0 lead in Game 2 of the ALCS against the Red Sox. Victor Martinez hit a one-out double to left-center off of Sox starter Clay Buchholz. He advanced to third on Jhonny Peralta‘s line drive single to left, then came home when Alex Avila ripped a single up the middle. Omar Infante hit into a 6-4-3 double play to put the kibosh on the rally.
Tigers starter Max Scherzer pitched a scoreless first inning, recording two strikeouts. He’ll look to continue the offensive drought for the Red Sox.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 12
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 11
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 11
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 74
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)