Oct 13, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
The Tigers took an early 1-0 lead in Game 2 of the ALCS against the Red Sox. Victor Martinez hit a one-out double to left-center off of Sox starter Clay Buchholz. He advanced to third on Jhonny Peralta‘s line drive single to left, then came home when Alex Avila ripped a single up the middle. Omar Infante hit into a 6-4-3 double play to put the kibosh on the rally.
Tigers starter Max Scherzer pitched a scoreless first inning, recording two strikeouts. He’ll look to continue the offensive drought for the Red Sox.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)