Oct 13, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
The Tigers took an early 1-0 lead in Game 2 of the ALCS against the Red Sox. Victor Martinez hit a one-out double to left-center off of Sox starter Clay Buchholz. He advanced to third on Jhonny Peralta‘s line drive single to left, then came home when Alex Avila ripped a single up the middle. Omar Infante hit into a 6-4-3 double play to put the kibosh on the rally.
Tigers starter Max Scherzer pitched a scoreless first inning, recording two strikeouts. He’ll look to continue the offensive drought for the Red Sox.
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 17
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 9
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 24
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 60
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)