Oct 13, 2013, 11:29 AM EDT
Dodgers outfielder Andre Ethier played nearly 13 whole innings in Friday night’s NLCS Game 1 loss to the Cardinals and woke up on Saturday morning with renewed soreness in his troublesome lower left leg. Ethier was on the bench for Game 2 on Saturday afternoon but the situation has apparently improved.
According to beat writers Dylan Hernandez and Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times, Ethier is “confident” that he will be able to return to the starting lineup in Game 3 on Monday at Dodger Stadium. Sunday’s day off should help matters.
Ethier is 1-for-9 with two walks and four strikeouts so far in the 2013 postseason. Skip Schumaker played center field in NLCS Game 2 on Saturday and will probably fill in again in Game 3 if Ethier can’t go.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)