Oct 13, 2013, 9:01 AM EDT
Boston’s offense netted just one hit in Saturday night’s ALCS Game 1 loss to the Detroit Tigers, so some changes are going to be made to the starting lineup heading into Sunday evening’s Game 2.
According to Alex Speier of WEEI.com, Mike Carp is expected to start over Mike Napoli at first base and Jonny Gomes is expected to start in left field over Daniel Nava. Napoli was 0-for-3 with three strikeouts in Game 1 and is 1-for-13 in his career against Tigers Game 2 starter Max Scherzer. Nava had Boston’s only hit on Saturday night but he’s 1-for-9 with a pair of strikeouts in his career versus Scherzer.
The Red Sox will be throwing Clay Buchholz and hoping to even up the best-of-seven series before it heads to Detroit’s Comerica Park for Game 3 on Tuesday. First pitch for Game 2 is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. ET.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)