Oct 13, 2013, 9:01 AM EDT
Boston’s offense netted just one hit in Saturday night’s ALCS Game 1 loss to the Detroit Tigers, so some changes are going to be made to the starting lineup heading into Sunday evening’s Game 2.
According to Alex Speier of WEEI.com, Mike Carp is expected to start over Mike Napoli at first base and Jonny Gomes is expected to start in left field over Daniel Nava. Napoli was 0-for-3 with three strikeouts in Game 1 and is 1-for-13 in his career against Tigers Game 2 starter Max Scherzer. Nava had Boston’s only hit on Saturday night but he’s 1-for-9 with a pair of strikeouts in his career versus Scherzer.
The Red Sox will be throwing Clay Buchholz and hoping to even up the best-of-seven series before it heads to Detroit’s Comerica Park for Game 3 on Tuesday. First pitch for Game 2 is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. ET.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 67
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11