Oct 13, 2013, 9:01 AM EST
Boston’s offense netted just one hit in Saturday night’s ALCS Game 1 loss to the Detroit Tigers, so some changes are going to be made to the starting lineup heading into Sunday evening’s Game 2.
According to Alex Speier of WEEI.com, Mike Carp is expected to start over Mike Napoli at first base and Jonny Gomes is expected to start in left field over Daniel Nava. Napoli was 0-for-3 with three strikeouts in Game 1 and is 1-for-13 in his career against Tigers Game 2 starter Max Scherzer. Nava had Boston’s only hit on Saturday night but he’s 1-for-9 with a pair of strikeouts in his career versus Scherzer.
The Red Sox will be throwing Clay Buchholz and hoping to even up the best-of-seven series before it heads to Detroit’s Comerica Park for Game 3 on Tuesday. First pitch for Game 2 is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. ET.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)