Oct 13, 2013, 9:01 AM EDT
Boston’s offense netted just one hit in Saturday night’s ALCS Game 1 loss to the Detroit Tigers, so some changes are going to be made to the starting lineup heading into Sunday evening’s Game 2.
According to Alex Speier of WEEI.com, Mike Carp is expected to start over Mike Napoli at first base and Jonny Gomes is expected to start in left field over Daniel Nava. Napoli was 0-for-3 with three strikeouts in Game 1 and is 1-for-13 in his career against Tigers Game 2 starter Max Scherzer. Nava had Boston’s only hit on Saturday night but he’s 1-for-9 with a pair of strikeouts in his career versus Scherzer.
The Red Sox will be throwing Clay Buchholz and hoping to even up the best-of-seven series before it heads to Detroit’s Comerica Park for Game 3 on Tuesday. First pitch for Game 2 is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. ET.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)