Oct 14, 2013, 9:59 PM EDT
UPDATE: Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times passes along word that Freese exited with right calf tightness. He’s considered day-to-day.
9:44 p.m. ET: Troubling development for the Cardinals, as third baseman David Freese was forced to exit Game 3 of the NLCS tonight with an apparent injury.
Freese was visited by Cardinals manager Mike Matheny and a team trainer after he singled against Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to lead off the top of the fifth inning. He remained in the game initially and advanced to second base on a single by Matt Adams, but was then replaced by pinch-runner Daniel Descalso. Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch speculates that it could be a hamstring/leg issue.
Freese is 5-for-26 (.192) with one home run, one double, and four RBI so far during the postseason.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 7
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (86)