Oct 14, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
UPDATE: Apparently the Dodgers were just waiting a while to release the CT scan results, because they’ve now announced that Ramirez has a “small fracture” in his rib. He plans to play through it, or at least will give it a try.
That seemingly makes it pretty obvious that the CT scan didn’t come back clean, because why wouldn’t the Dodgers reveal that Ramirez is healthy? Ramirez sat out Game 2 and said he was worried about the ribs being cracked, but has also said he plans to play through the injury if the pain is at all tolerable.
Nick Punto subbed for Ramirez at shortstop in Game 2 and it figures to be a game-time decision tonight with the Dodgers down 0-2 versus the Cardinals.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (100)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)