Oct 14, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
UPDATE: Apparently the Dodgers were just waiting a while to release the CT scan results, because they’ve now announced that Ramirez has a “small fracture” in his rib. He plans to play through it, or at least will give it a try.
That seemingly makes it pretty obvious that the CT scan didn’t come back clean, because why wouldn’t the Dodgers reveal that Ramirez is healthy? Ramirez sat out Game 2 and said he was worried about the ribs being cracked, but has also said he plans to play through the injury if the pain is at all tolerable.
Nick Punto subbed for Ramirez at shortstop in Game 2 and it figures to be a game-time decision tonight with the Dodgers down 0-2 versus the Cardinals.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 55
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)