Oct 14, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
UPDATE: Apparently the Dodgers were just waiting a while to release the CT scan results, because they’ve now announced that Ramirez has a “small fracture” in his rib. He plans to play through it, or at least will give it a try.
That seemingly makes it pretty obvious that the CT scan didn’t come back clean, because why wouldn’t the Dodgers reveal that Ramirez is healthy? Ramirez sat out Game 2 and said he was worried about the ribs being cracked, but has also said he plans to play through the injury if the pain is at all tolerable.
Nick Punto subbed for Ramirez at shortstop in Game 2 and it figures to be a game-time decision tonight with the Dodgers down 0-2 versus the Cardinals.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (211)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)