Oct 14, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
UPDATE: Apparently the Dodgers were just waiting a while to release the CT scan results, because they’ve now announced that Ramirez has a “small fracture” in his rib. He plans to play through it, or at least will give it a try.
That seemingly makes it pretty obvious that the CT scan didn’t come back clean, because why wouldn’t the Dodgers reveal that Ramirez is healthy? Ramirez sat out Game 2 and said he was worried about the ribs being cracked, but has also said he plans to play through the injury if the pain is at all tolerable.
Nick Punto subbed for Ramirez at shortstop in Game 2 and it figures to be a game-time decision tonight with the Dodgers down 0-2 versus the Cardinals.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)