Oct 14, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
UPDATE: Apparently the Dodgers were just waiting a while to release the CT scan results, because they’ve now announced that Ramirez has a “small fracture” in his rib. He plans to play through it, or at least will give it a try.
That seemingly makes it pretty obvious that the CT scan didn’t come back clean, because why wouldn’t the Dodgers reveal that Ramirez is healthy? Ramirez sat out Game 2 and said he was worried about the ribs being cracked, but has also said he plans to play through the injury if the pain is at all tolerable.
Nick Punto subbed for Ramirez at shortstop in Game 2 and it figures to be a game-time decision tonight with the Dodgers down 0-2 versus the Cardinals.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 14
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54