Oct 14, 2013, 11:04 PM EDT
The Cardinals took the first two games of the NLCS and were sitting pretty with their ace Adam Wainwright on the hill tonight, but the Dodgers are suddenly making things interesting.
Behind an excellent outing from Hyun-Jin Ryu and long-awaited contributions from some key bats in the lineup, the Dodgers topped the Cardinals 3-0 tonight at Dodger Stadium. They now trail the best-of-seven series two games to one.
Ryu outdueled Wainwright by allowing just three hits and one walk over seven scoreless innings. He struck out four batters and didn’t let a baserunner advance past second base. Brian Wilson and Kenley Jansen followed with scoreless frames to lock down the shutout victory.
The Dodgers got to Wainwright for two runs in the bottom of the fourth inning, ending a 22-inning scoreless streak for the club during the series. Adrian Gonzalez got them on the board with an RBI double down the right field line while Yasiel Puig busted out of his recent slump with an eventful RBI triple. The Dodgers later added an insurance run in the eighth inning on a bloop single from Hanley Ramirez after Carl Crawford scampered home from second base and managed to get in under the tag from Yadier Molina.
Things were looking bleak for the Dodgers after Saturday’s loss, but they will have a chance to even things up in the series tomorrow night. Lance Lynn will get the ball for St. Louis while Ricky Nolasco is tentatively scheduled to start for Los Angeles.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)