Oct 14, 2013, 5:58 PM EDT
Contrary to the nightmare scenario of our last post, Dodgers fans will not be subjected to Michael Young at shortstop. After testing his rib fracture by fielding grounders and taking batting practice, Hanley Ramirez told reporters that he will be in the lineup tonight for Game 3 of the NLCS against the Cardinals.
Courtesy of the Dodgers’ Twitter account, here’s a look at the padding that Ramirez will be wearing under his uniform:
There’s no official decision on Andre Ethier yet, but Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register passes along word that he tested his ankle this afternoon and plans to tell Dodgers manager Don Mattingly that he wants to play. Having both Ramirez and Ethier back would be a big boost for a lineup which hasn’t scored a run in 19 innings.
UPDATE: It’s official. The Dodgers just announced that Andre Ethier will also be in the lineup.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)