Oct 14, 2013, 5:58 PM EST
Contrary to the nightmare scenario of our last post, Dodgers fans will not be subjected to Michael Young at shortstop. After testing his rib fracture by fielding grounders and taking batting practice, Hanley Ramirez told reporters that he will be in the lineup tonight for Game 3 of the NLCS against the Cardinals.
Courtesy of the Dodgers’ Twitter account, here’s a look at the padding that Ramirez will be wearing under his uniform:
There’s no official decision on Andre Ethier yet, but Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register passes along word that he tested his ankle this afternoon and plans to tell Dodgers manager Don Mattingly that he wants to play. Having both Ramirez and Ethier back would be a big boost for a lineup which hasn’t scored a run in 19 innings.
UPDATE: It’s official. The Dodgers just announced that Andre Ethier will also be in the lineup.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 17
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 91
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)