Oct 14, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Reddick was limited to just 114 games this season and saw his OPS drop 80 points compared to a strong 2012 campaign, hitting just .226 with 12 homers. He should have plenty of time to be ready for spring training.
In other A’s injury news: Sonny Gray will have surgery to repair the torn thumb ligament in his non-pitching hand and Jarrod Parker has been given a clean enough bill of health that he’s expected to avoid surgery on his forearm injury.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 1
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 10
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 1
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)