Oct 14, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
Reddick was limited to just 114 games this season and saw his OPS drop 80 points compared to a strong 2012 campaign, hitting just .226 with 12 homers. He should have plenty of time to be ready for spring training.
In other A’s injury news: Sonny Gray will have surgery to repair the torn thumb ligament in his non-pitching hand and Jarrod Parker has been given a clean enough bill of health that he’s expected to avoid surgery on his forearm injury.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)