Oct 14, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Reddick was limited to just 114 games this season and saw his OPS drop 80 points compared to a strong 2012 campaign, hitting just .226 with 12 homers. He should have plenty of time to be ready for spring training.
In other A’s injury news: Sonny Gray will have surgery to repair the torn thumb ligament in his non-pitching hand and Jarrod Parker has been given a clean enough bill of health that he’s expected to avoid surgery on his forearm injury.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)