Oct 14, 2013, 6:49 PM EDT
UPDATE: Machado’s surgery went as planned today, but Rich Dubroff of CSNBaltimore.com notes that the Orioles announced that his recovery time is expected to be around six months. The initial timetable had him at 4-6 months, but the new one indicates that he will unavailable at the start of the 2014 season.
Machado has been given a 4-6 month recovery timetable for a torn medial patellofemoral ligament in his left knee, so his status for Opening Day is in some question. Returning in six months would mean mid-April.
He initially hoped to avoid surgery and simply rest and rehab the injury, but doctors advised the Orioles third baseman that going under the knife would lessen his risk of future problems.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 65
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 75
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (101)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)