Oct 14, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
Below are the starting lineups for Game 3 of the NLCS between the Cardinals and Dodgers. First pitch at Dodger Stadium is scheduled for 8:07 p.m. ET and the game will be broadcast on TBS. St. Louis currently leads the best-of-seven series 2-0.
This is the same lineup the Cardinals used in their victory in Game 2 against Clayton Kershaw on Saturday. Mike Matheny isn’t making any changes with another left-hander on the mound for Los Angeles.
As we mentioned earlier, Hanley Ramirez is in the lineup despite a fractured rib while Andre Ethier is back after missing Game 2 with a lingering ankle injury. Meanwhile, the struggling Yasiel Puig has been dropped down to the sixth spot in the order. As Pedro Moura of the Orange County Register points out, this is the first time that Puig has batted below fifth in the big leagues.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)