Oct 14, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
Below are the starting lineups for Game 3 of the NLCS between the Cardinals and Dodgers. First pitch at Dodger Stadium is scheduled for 8:07 p.m. ET and the game will be broadcast on TBS. St. Louis currently leads the best-of-seven series 2-0.
This is the same lineup the Cardinals used in their victory in Game 2 against Clayton Kershaw on Saturday. Mike Matheny isn’t making any changes with another left-hander on the mound for Los Angeles.
As we mentioned earlier, Hanley Ramirez is in the lineup despite a fractured rib while Andre Ethier is back after missing Game 2 with a lingering ankle injury. Meanwhile, the struggling Yasiel Puig has been dropped down to the sixth spot in the order. As Pedro Moura of the Orange County Register points out, this is the first time that Puig has batted below fifth in the big leagues.
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 12
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 16
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 12
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 58
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 21
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)