Oct 14, 2013, 11:50 AM EDT
Today in 1965 the Dodgers defeated the Twins to win the World Series behind a Sandy Koufax shutout in Game 7.
As a Minnesotan several of my family members consider it to be one of the worst days in the history of the world, but this video from MLB Productions of Koufax being interviewed in the clubhouse afterward by Vin Scully is still pretty cool:
That was the seventh of what turned out to be eight career postseason games for Koufax, all of them in the World Series. He had a 0.95 ERA and 61/11 K/BB ratio in 57 innings.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47