Oct 14, 2013, 11:50 AM EST
Today in 1965 the Dodgers defeated the Twins to win the World Series behind a Sandy Koufax shutout in Game 7.
As a Minnesotan several of my family members consider it to be one of the worst days in the history of the world, but this video from MLB Productions of Koufax being interviewed in the clubhouse afterward by Vin Scully is still pretty cool:
That was the seventh of what turned out to be eight career postseason games for Koufax, all of them in the World Series. He had a 0.95 ERA and 61/11 K/BB ratio in 57 innings.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)