Oct 15, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
Lineups for this afternoon’s Game 3 in Detroit …
Tigers manager Jim Leyland is sticking with Jhonny Peralta at shortstop, but has made a change in left field by starting Andy Dirks instead of Don Kelly.
SP John Lackey
Red Sox manager John Farrell has made some changes, moving Mike Napoli back into the lineup at first base after going with Mike Carp in Game 2 and flipping Jonny Gomes and Jarrod Saltalamacchia in the batting order. Switch-hitter Daniel Nava remains on the bench against a right-hander, which didn’t happen often during the regular season when he hit .322 with an .894 OPS off them.
- Mariners sign Corey Hart 11
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 29
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (111)