Oct 15, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Lineups for this afternoon’s Game 3 in Detroit …
Tigers manager Jim Leyland is sticking with Jhonny Peralta at shortstop, but has made a change in left field by starting Andy Dirks instead of Don Kelly.
SP John Lackey
Red Sox manager John Farrell has made some changes, moving Mike Napoli back into the lineup at first base after going with Mike Carp in Game 2 and flipping Jonny Gomes and Jarrod Saltalamacchia in the batting order. Switch-hitter Daniel Nava remains on the bench against a right-hander, which didn’t happen often during the regular season when he hit .322 with an .894 OPS off them.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 0
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 46
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 6
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 19
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 42