Oct 15, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Lineups for this afternoon’s Game 3 in Detroit …
Tigers manager Jim Leyland is sticking with Jhonny Peralta at shortstop, but has made a change in left field by starting Andy Dirks instead of Don Kelly.
SP John Lackey
Red Sox manager John Farrell has made some changes, moving Mike Napoli back into the lineup at first base after going with Mike Carp in Game 2 and flipping Jonny Gomes and Jarrod Saltalamacchia in the batting order. Switch-hitter Daniel Nava remains on the bench against a right-hander, which didn’t happen often during the regular season when he hit .322 with an .894 OPS off them.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 0
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 108
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 2
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 26
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (112)