Oct 15, 2013, 6:28 PM EDT
Violet “Vi” Ripken, who was kidnapped and later returned last year, was assaulted in a bank parking lot on Aberdeen, Maryland on Tuesday, WBAL news reports.
The report states that Vi Ripken, 75, was unhurt in the incident and that an arrest has been made.
Vi Ripken is the widow of former major league manager Cal Ripken and mother of Hall of Famer Cal Jr. and fellow Orioles infielder Billy. Last July, she was kidnapped, only to be returned unharmed 24 hours later. The perpetrators of that crime were never caught. That she was targeted then because of the family’s money seems to be given. Whether this was a random crime or if she was targeted again is unclear.
Cal Jr. is still expected to be in the TBS booth for Tuesday night’s NLCS Game 4.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (156)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)