Oct 15, 2013, 6:28 PM EDT
Violet “Vi” Ripken, who was kidnapped and later returned last year, was assaulted in a bank parking lot on Aberdeen, Maryland on Tuesday, WBAL news reports.
The report states that Vi Ripken, 75, was unhurt in the incident and that an arrest has been made.
Vi Ripken is the widow of former major league manager Cal Ripken and mother of Hall of Famer Cal Jr. and fellow Orioles infielder Billy. Last July, she was kidnapped, only to be returned unharmed 24 hours later. The perpetrators of that crime were never caught. That she was targeted then because of the family’s money seems to be given. Whether this was a random crime or if she was targeted again is unclear.
Cal Jr. is still expected to be in the TBS booth for Tuesday night’s NLCS Game 4.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)