Oct 15, 2013, 6:28 PM EST
Violet “Vi” Ripken, who was kidnapped and later returned last year, was assaulted in a bank parking lot on Aberdeen, Maryland on Tuesday, WBAL news reports.
The report states that Vi Ripken, 75, was unhurt in the incident and that an arrest has been made.
Vi Ripken is the widow of former major league manager Cal Ripken and mother of Hall of Famer Cal Jr. and fellow Orioles infielder Billy. Last July, she was kidnapped, only to be returned unharmed 24 hours later. The perpetrators of that crime were never caught. That she was targeted then because of the family’s money seems to be given. Whether this was a random crime or if she was targeted again is unclear.
Cal Jr. is still expected to be in the TBS booth for Tuesday night’s NLCS Game 4.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (223)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)