Oct 15, 2013, 10:29 PM EST
Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez had no major issues with his cracked rib in Monday evening’s NLCS Game 4 victory over the Cardinals, but he looked like a different person in NLCS Game 4.
Ramirez struck out in all three of his at-bats Tuesday before getting yanked prior to the top of the seventh inning. Hanley grimaced on pretty much every swing he took and at one point appeared woozy after a play in the field. Nick Punto replaced him at shortstop.
Game 5 of the NLCS is on Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. local time in Los Angeles and we’d have to assume that Ramirez is not going to be in the starting lineup.
The Cardinals lead Game 4 by a score of 4-2 as the seventh inning begins.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)