Oct 15, 2013, 10:29 PM EST
Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez had no major issues with his cracked rib in Monday evening’s NLCS Game 4 victory over the Cardinals, but he looked like a different person in NLCS Game 4.
Ramirez struck out in all three of his at-bats Tuesday before getting yanked prior to the top of the seventh inning. Hanley grimaced on pretty much every swing he took and at one point appeared woozy after a play in the field. Nick Punto replaced him at shortstop.
Game 5 of the NLCS is on Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. local time in Los Angeles and we’d have to assume that Ramirez is not going to be in the starting lineup.
The Cardinals lead Game 4 by a score of 4-2 as the seventh inning begins.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)