Oct 15, 2013, 10:29 PM EDT
Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez had no major issues with his cracked rib in Monday evening’s NLCS Game 4 victory over the Cardinals, but he looked like a different person in NLCS Game 4.
Ramirez struck out in all three of his at-bats Tuesday before getting yanked prior to the top of the seventh inning. Hanley grimaced on pretty much every swing he took and at one point appeared woozy after a play in the field. Nick Punto replaced him at shortstop.
Game 5 of the NLCS is on Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. local time in Los Angeles and we’d have to assume that Ramirez is not going to be in the starting lineup.
The Cardinals lead Game 4 by a score of 4-2 as the seventh inning begins.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)