Oct 15, 2013, 10:29 PM EDT
Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez had no major issues with his cracked rib in Monday evening’s NLCS Game 4 victory over the Cardinals, but he looked like a different person in NLCS Game 4.
Ramirez struck out in all three of his at-bats Tuesday before getting yanked prior to the top of the seventh inning. Hanley grimaced on pretty much every swing he took and at one point appeared woozy after a play in the field. Nick Punto replaced him at shortstop.
Game 5 of the NLCS is on Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. local time in Los Angeles and we’d have to assume that Ramirez is not going to be in the starting lineup.
The Cardinals lead Game 4 by a score of 4-2 as the seventh inning begins.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 3
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 28
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 19
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)