Oct 15, 2013, 5:05 PM EST
Lineups for Game 4 in Los Angeles …
So much for David Freese’s calf injury being a major issue. Not only aren’t the Cardinals going to replace him on the roster, he worked out before the game and feels good enough to be in the starting lineup. Daniel Descalso, who would have subbed for Freese at third base, is in the lineup at shortstop in place of Pete Kozma.
And the Dodgers’ injured regulars are also in the lineup, as Andre Ethier will play through a leg injury and Hanley Ramirez will start despite a cracked rib. Don Mattingly decided to stick with Ricky Nolasco as the starting pitcher rather than bumping him again and turning to Zack Greinke on short rest.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)