Oct 15, 2013, 5:05 PM EST
Lineups for Game 4 in Los Angeles …
So much for David Freese’s calf injury being a major issue. Not only aren’t the Cardinals going to replace him on the roster, he worked out before the game and feels good enough to be in the starting lineup. Daniel Descalso, who would have subbed for Freese at third base, is in the lineup at shortstop in place of Pete Kozma.
And the Dodgers’ injured regulars are also in the lineup, as Andre Ethier will play through a leg injury and Hanley Ramirez will start despite a cracked rib. Don Mattingly decided to stick with Ricky Nolasco as the starting pitcher rather than bumping him again and turning to Zack Greinke on short rest.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 39
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 89
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (121)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)