Oct 15, 2013, 10:32 AM EST
Now, keep in mind this is from the Daily News so there is probably a decent intensity markup in the reporting compared to what happened in reality, but given that it’s Joe Tacopina, there’s a chance this is actually underplayed:
Alex Rodriguez decided last summer that he needed a street fighter in his corner to beat his 211-game doping suspension.
When he hired lawyer Joe Tacopina in August, he got one.
The high-profile defense attorney had to be physically restrained from brawling with another lawyer two weeks ago during his defense of Rodriguez when the steroid-stained slugger’s appeal kicked off in the normally sedate Park Avenue offices of Major League Baseball.
Shockingly, the alleged altercation was set off by a comment about a guy’s wife, not his mother. Really!
I cannot wait for the movie one day. It’s gonna be great.
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 18
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 30
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 81
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)