Oct 15, 2013, 10:32 AM EDT
Now, keep in mind this is from the Daily News so there is probably a decent intensity markup in the reporting compared to what happened in reality, but given that it’s Joe Tacopina, there’s a chance this is actually underplayed:
Alex Rodriguez decided last summer that he needed a street fighter in his corner to beat his 211-game doping suspension.
When he hired lawyer Joe Tacopina in August, he got one.
The high-profile defense attorney had to be physically restrained from brawling with another lawyer two weeks ago during his defense of Rodriguez when the steroid-stained slugger’s appeal kicked off in the normally sedate Park Avenue offices of Major League Baseball.
Shockingly, the alleged altercation was set off by a comment about a guy’s wife, not his mother. Really!
I cannot wait for the movie one day. It’s gonna be great.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)