Oct 15, 2013, 10:32 AM EST
Now, keep in mind this is from the Daily News so there is probably a decent intensity markup in the reporting compared to what happened in reality, but given that it’s Joe Tacopina, there’s a chance this is actually underplayed:
Alex Rodriguez decided last summer that he needed a street fighter in his corner to beat his 211-game doping suspension.
When he hired lawyer Joe Tacopina in August, he got one.
The high-profile defense attorney had to be physically restrained from brawling with another lawyer two weeks ago during his defense of Rodriguez when the steroid-stained slugger’s appeal kicked off in the normally sedate Park Avenue offices of Major League Baseball.
Shockingly, the alleged altercation was set off by a comment about a guy’s wife, not his mother. Really!
I cannot wait for the movie one day. It’s gonna be great.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 15
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (379)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)