Oct 15, 2013, 10:32 AM EDT
Now, keep in mind this is from the Daily News so there is probably a decent intensity markup in the reporting compared to what happened in reality, but given that it’s Joe Tacopina, there’s a chance this is actually underplayed:
Alex Rodriguez decided last summer that he needed a street fighter in his corner to beat his 211-game doping suspension.
When he hired lawyer Joe Tacopina in August, he got one.
The high-profile defense attorney had to be physically restrained from brawling with another lawyer two weeks ago during his defense of Rodriguez when the steroid-stained slugger’s appeal kicked off in the normally sedate Park Avenue offices of Major League Baseball.
Shockingly, the alleged altercation was set off by a comment about a guy’s wife, not his mother. Really!
I cannot wait for the movie one day. It’s gonna be great.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)