Oct 15, 2013, 10:32 AM EST
Now, keep in mind this is from the Daily News so there is probably a decent intensity markup in the reporting compared to what happened in reality, but given that it’s Joe Tacopina, there’s a chance this is actually underplayed:
Alex Rodriguez decided last summer that he needed a street fighter in his corner to beat his 211-game doping suspension.
When he hired lawyer Joe Tacopina in August, he got one.
The high-profile defense attorney had to be physically restrained from brawling with another lawyer two weeks ago during his defense of Rodriguez when the steroid-stained slugger’s appeal kicked off in the normally sedate Park Avenue offices of Major League Baseball.
Shockingly, the alleged altercation was set off by a comment about a guy’s wife, not his mother. Really!
I cannot wait for the movie one day. It’s gonna be great.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)