Oct 15, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Freese and general manager John Mozeliak expressed optimism that the injury isn’t a major one, but will the Cardinals want to play with a 24-man roster for the remainder of the NLCS? They could replace Freese on the roster, but doing so would make him ineligible for the World Series.
Obviously any team would rather play with a 24-man roster for 3-4 games than play a World Series without a key regular, but even if Freese’s injury were a standard two-week, disabled list-stint variety he’d miss most of the World Series anyway. At the very least Daniel Descalso seems likely to be in the lineup at third base against the Dodgers tonight.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 1
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 87
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (87)