Oct 15, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Freese and general manager John Mozeliak expressed optimism that the injury isn’t a major one, but will the Cardinals want to play with a 24-man roster for the remainder of the NLCS? They could replace Freese on the roster, but doing so would make him ineligible for the World Series.
Obviously any team would rather play with a 24-man roster for 3-4 games than play a World Series without a key regular, but even if Freese’s injury were a standard two-week, disabled list-stint variety he’d miss most of the World Series anyway. At the very least Daniel Descalso seems likely to be in the lineup at third base against the Dodgers tonight.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)