Oct 16, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
At this point you have to figure it’s all hands on deck for the Dodgers, even with Hanley Ramirez suffering noticeably from a broken rib. He says he’ll be in the lineup today however. Specifically: “Tomorrow, I’m going to come back, and I expect to see my name in the lineup,” he told MLB.com.
We’ll see. He looked to be in serious pain every time he swung the bat last night. Maybe adrenaline got him through Monday, but that tank was on “E” on Tuesday.
The Dodgers say it will be a game time decision.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 18
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 40
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)