Oct 16, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Adam Kilgore has an update regarding the Washington Nationals’ search for a new manager. The big news: pretty much no news. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t worth reading, as Kilgore provides some more background on the Nats’ two leading internal choices, bench coach Randy Knorr and third base coach Trent Jewett.
You can’t expect much real news until after the series is over inasmuch as teams are told by MLB to keep a lid on official announcements before then. But the relative quiet from both Washington and Cincinnati on their managerial openings makes me think that they’re not trying to get the jump on the other for candidates for two equally-appealing jobs for one reason: they’re going in-house with it and are hiring coaches.
But that’s just a guess of course.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 16
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)