Oct 16, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Adam Kilgore has an update regarding the Washington Nationals’ search for a new manager. The big news: pretty much no news. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t worth reading, as Kilgore provides some more background on the Nats’ two leading internal choices, bench coach Randy Knorr and third base coach Trent Jewett.
You can’t expect much real news until after the series is over inasmuch as teams are told by MLB to keep a lid on official announcements before then. But the relative quiet from both Washington and Cincinnati on their managerial openings makes me think that they’re not trying to get the jump on the other for candidates for two equally-appealing jobs for one reason: they’re going in-house with it and are hiring coaches.
But that’s just a guess of course.
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 0
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 84
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 63
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 76
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)