Oct 16, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Adam Kilgore has an update regarding the Washington Nationals’ search for a new manager. The big news: pretty much no news. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t worth reading, as Kilgore provides some more background on the Nats’ two leading internal choices, bench coach Randy Knorr and third base coach Trent Jewett.
You can’t expect much real news until after the series is over inasmuch as teams are told by MLB to keep a lid on official announcements before then. But the relative quiet from both Washington and Cincinnati on their managerial openings makes me think that they’re not trying to get the jump on the other for candidates for two equally-appealing jobs for one reason: they’re going in-house with it and are hiring coaches.
But that’s just a guess of course.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)