Oct 16, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
Adam Kilgore has an update regarding the Washington Nationals’ search for a new manager. The big news: pretty much no news. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t worth reading, as Kilgore provides some more background on the Nats’ two leading internal choices, bench coach Randy Knorr and third base coach Trent Jewett.
You can’t expect much real news until after the series is over inasmuch as teams are told by MLB to keep a lid on official announcements before then. But the relative quiet from both Washington and Cincinnati on their managerial openings makes me think that they’re not trying to get the jump on the other for candidates for two equally-appealing jobs for one reason: they’re going in-house with it and are hiring coaches.
But that’s just a guess of course.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 272
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (275)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)