Oct 16, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
Adam Kilgore has an update regarding the Washington Nationals’ search for a new manager. The big news: pretty much no news. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t worth reading, as Kilgore provides some more background on the Nats’ two leading internal choices, bench coach Randy Knorr and third base coach Trent Jewett.
You can’t expect much real news until after the series is over inasmuch as teams are told by MLB to keep a lid on official announcements before then. But the relative quiet from both Washington and Cincinnati on their managerial openings makes me think that they’re not trying to get the jump on the other for candidates for two equally-appealing jobs for one reason: they’re going in-house with it and are hiring coaches.
But that’s just a guess of course.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)