Oct 16, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
Boston is finally on the board in this ALCS Game 4.
Red Sox catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia scored first baseman Mike Napoli on an RBI single in the top of the sixth inning and Shane Victorino drove in Jacoby Ellsbury on an RBI double in the top of the seventh inning. Ellsbury has tallied three hits in a game for the third time this postseason. Salty and Napoli can each claim a pair of base hits so far.
Tigers starter Doug Fister was lifted at 98 pitches, after throwing six innings of one-run ball. Red Sox starter Jake Peavy has been gone since the fourth inning. It’s a 7-2 lead for host Detroit as the bottom of the seventh begins.
Boston is up 2-1 in the best-of-seven American League Championship Series.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 62
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 50
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)