Oct 16, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
Boston is finally on the board in this ALCS Game 4.
Red Sox catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia scored first baseman Mike Napoli on an RBI single in the top of the sixth inning and Shane Victorino drove in Jacoby Ellsbury on an RBI double in the top of the seventh inning. Ellsbury has tallied three hits in a game for the third time this postseason. Salty and Napoli can each claim a pair of base hits so far.
Tigers starter Doug Fister was lifted at 98 pitches, after throwing six innings of one-run ball. Red Sox starter Jake Peavy has been gone since the fourth inning. It’s a 7-2 lead for host Detroit as the bottom of the seventh begins.
Boston is up 2-1 in the best-of-seven American League Championship Series.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)