Oct 16, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
Boston is finally on the board in this ALCS Game 4.
Red Sox catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia scored first baseman Mike Napoli on an RBI single in the top of the sixth inning and Shane Victorino drove in Jacoby Ellsbury on an RBI double in the top of the seventh inning. Ellsbury has tallied three hits in a game for the third time this postseason. Salty and Napoli can each claim a pair of base hits so far.
Tigers starter Doug Fister was lifted at 98 pitches, after throwing six innings of one-run ball. Red Sox starter Jake Peavy has been gone since the fourth inning. It’s a 7-2 lead for host Detroit as the bottom of the seventh begins.
Boston is up 2-1 in the best-of-seven American League Championship Series.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 0
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)