Oct 16, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
Boston is finally on the board in this ALCS Game 4.
Red Sox catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia scored first baseman Mike Napoli on an RBI single in the top of the sixth inning and Shane Victorino drove in Jacoby Ellsbury on an RBI double in the top of the seventh inning. Ellsbury has tallied three hits in a game for the third time this postseason. Salty and Napoli can each claim a pair of base hits so far.
Tigers starter Doug Fister was lifted at 98 pitches, after throwing six innings of one-run ball. Red Sox starter Jake Peavy has been gone since the fourth inning. It’s a 7-2 lead for host Detroit as the bottom of the seventh begins.
Boston is up 2-1 in the best-of-seven American League Championship Series.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 7
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)