Oct 16, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Fact: Aaron Boone and Bucky Dent have the same middle name, and it was given to each of them for the same reason! A back-breaking home run against the Red Sox:
You know the background: Boone hit a walk-off home run in the 11th inning, off of Tim Wakefield during Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS. It gave the Yankees a 6–5 victory over Sox. and sent them to the World Series.
Granted, what happened in the playoffs a year later for Boston made sure that the Boone homer didn’t linger and sting as long as the Bucky Dent homer, but there are many who still wince a bit when you mention it.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 20
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 15
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 34
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)