Oct 16, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
Fact: Aaron Boone and Bucky Dent have the same middle name, and it was given to each of them for the same reason! A back-breaking home run against the Red Sox:
You know the background: Boone hit a walk-off home run in the 11th inning, off of Tim Wakefield during Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS. It gave the Yankees a 6–5 victory over Sox. and sent them to the World Series.
Granted, what happened in the playoffs a year later for Boston made sure that the Boone homer didn’t linger and sting as long as the Bucky Dent homer, but there are many who still wince a bit when you mention it.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 253
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (253)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)