Oct 16, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Fact: Aaron Boone and Bucky Dent have the same middle name, and it was given to each of them for the same reason! A back-breaking home run against the Red Sox:
You know the background: Boone hit a walk-off home run in the 11th inning, off of Tim Wakefield during Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS. It gave the Yankees a 6–5 victory over Sox. and sent them to the World Series.
Granted, what happened in the playoffs a year later for Boston made sure that the Boone homer didn’t linger and sting as long as the Bucky Dent homer, but there are many who still wince a bit when you mention it.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (154)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)