Oct 16, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
Fact: Aaron Boone and Bucky Dent have the same middle name, and it was given to each of them for the same reason! A back-breaking home run against the Red Sox:
You know the background: Boone hit a walk-off home run in the 11th inning, off of Tim Wakefield during Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS. It gave the Yankees a 6–5 victory over Sox. and sent them to the World Series.
Granted, what happened in the playoffs a year later for Boston made sure that the Boone homer didn’t linger and sting as long as the Bucky Dent homer, but there are many who still wince a bit when you mention it.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 42
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)