Oct 16, 2013, 8:58 PM EDT
Jake Peavy‘s fourth career postseason outing is off to a poor start in Detroit. A really, really poor start.
Peavy made it through the first inning unscathed, but he allowed a single to Victor Martinez to open the bottom of the second and then issued a pair of walks to load the bases. Omar Infante popped out, but Peavy then issued another walk to Austin Jackson, pushing a runner home. Jose Iglesias drove in the Tigers’ second run on a fielder’s choice groundout and then Torii Hunter hit a two-run double to left and Miguel Cabrera added an RBI single to center field.
It’s a 5-0 lead for host Detroit as the top of the third inning gets underway in this ALCS Game 4 at Comerica Park.
Doug Fister is on the hill for the Tigers, who trail 2-1 in the best-of-seven Championship Series.
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 19
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 19
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)