Oct 16, 2013, 8:58 PM EDT
Jake Peavy‘s fourth career postseason outing is off to a poor start in Detroit. A really, really poor start.
Peavy made it through the first inning unscathed, but he allowed a single to Victor Martinez to open the bottom of the second and then issued a pair of walks to load the bases. Omar Infante popped out, but Peavy then issued another walk to Austin Jackson, pushing a runner home. Jose Iglesias drove in the Tigers’ second run on a fielder’s choice groundout and then Torii Hunter hit a two-run double to left and Miguel Cabrera added an RBI single to center field.
It’s a 5-0 lead for host Detroit as the top of the third inning gets underway in this ALCS Game 4 at Comerica Park.
Doug Fister is on the hill for the Tigers, who trail 2-1 in the best-of-seven Championship Series.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 58
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 74
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)