Oct 16, 2013, 8:58 PM EDT
Jake Peavy‘s fourth career postseason outing is off to a poor start in Detroit. A really, really poor start.
Peavy made it through the first inning unscathed, but he allowed a single to Victor Martinez to open the bottom of the second and then issued a pair of walks to load the bases. Omar Infante popped out, but Peavy then issued another walk to Austin Jackson, pushing a runner home. Jose Iglesias drove in the Tigers’ second run on a fielder’s choice groundout and then Torii Hunter hit a two-run double to left and Miguel Cabrera added an RBI single to center field.
It’s a 5-0 lead for host Detroit as the top of the third inning gets underway in this ALCS Game 4 at Comerica Park.
Doug Fister is on the hill for the Tigers, who trail 2-1 in the best-of-seven Championship Series.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 43
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17