Oct 16, 2013, 8:58 PM EST
Jake Peavy‘s fourth career postseason outing is off to a poor start in Detroit. A really, really poor start.
Peavy made it through the first inning unscathed, but he allowed a single to Victor Martinez to open the bottom of the second and then issued a pair of walks to load the bases. Omar Infante popped out, but Peavy then issued another walk to Austin Jackson, pushing a runner home. Jose Iglesias drove in the Tigers’ second run on a fielder’s choice groundout and then Torii Hunter hit a two-run double to left and Miguel Cabrera added an RBI single to center field.
It’s a 5-0 lead for host Detroit as the top of the third inning gets underway in this ALCS Game 4 at Comerica Park.
Doug Fister is on the hill for the Tigers, who trail 2-1 in the best-of-seven Championship Series.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27