Oct 16, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Yes, that was intentional. In honor of John Lackey who, as Jeff Passan of Yahoo! notes today in the course of his excellent profile, wears an inspirational t-shirt under his jersey:
He won the right to walk around the clubhouse saying WE FEAR NOTHING. The back of the T-shirt screamed big, bold words as well, and minus the grammatical error, they couldn’t have been more fitting for the Red Sox.
IF YOU SEE THIS, YOUR IN SECOND.
I missed this over the summer, but apparently the Rays’ David Price took note of it on another Red Sox player as well:
— David Price (@DAVIDprice14) July 28, 2013
I’m the last dude to call out anyone on bad grammar. Indeed, as all good writers know, while grammar matters, it’s more important to get your point across clearly than it is to get too hung up on formal rules.
And unless you can beat the Red Sox in a series — as task no one seems up to yet — the Red Sox’ meaning is quite clear indeed. And thus your not in much of a position too call them out either.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)