Oct 16, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Yes, that was intentional. In honor of John Lackey who, as Jeff Passan of Yahoo! notes today in the course of his excellent profile, wears an inspirational t-shirt under his jersey:
He won the right to walk around the clubhouse saying WE FEAR NOTHING. The back of the T-shirt screamed big, bold words as well, and minus the grammatical error, they couldn’t have been more fitting for the Red Sox.
IF YOU SEE THIS, YOUR IN SECOND.
I missed this over the summer, but apparently the Rays’ David Price took note of it on another Red Sox player as well:
— David Price (@DAVIDprice14) July 28, 2013
I’m the last dude to call out anyone on bad grammar. Indeed, as all good writers know, while grammar matters, it’s more important to get your point across clearly than it is to get too hung up on formal rules.
And unless you can beat the Red Sox in a series — as task no one seems up to yet — the Red Sox’ meaning is quite clear indeed. And thus your not in much of a position too call them out either.
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 53
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 12
- The Lester trade is a win-win 104
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 160
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 92
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (160)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (121)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)