Oct 16, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Yes, that was intentional. In honor of John Lackey who, as Jeff Passan of Yahoo! notes today in the course of his excellent profile, wears an inspirational t-shirt under his jersey:
He won the right to walk around the clubhouse saying WE FEAR NOTHING. The back of the T-shirt screamed big, bold words as well, and minus the grammatical error, they couldn’t have been more fitting for the Red Sox.
IF YOU SEE THIS, YOUR IN SECOND.
I missed this over the summer, but apparently the Rays’ David Price took note of it on another Red Sox player as well:
— David Price (@DAVIDprice14) July 28, 2013
I’m the last dude to call out anyone on bad grammar. Indeed, as all good writers know, while grammar matters, it’s more important to get your point across clearly than it is to get too hung up on formal rules.
And unless you can beat the Red Sox in a series — as task no one seems up to yet — the Red Sox’ meaning is quite clear indeed. And thus your not in much of a position too call them out either.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)