Oct 16, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
Without looking first, I’m gonna say it’s because they’re shameless showboats who want to do anything they can to stand out, tradition and proper decorum be damned.
Huh. Wasn’t right about that. What else are my kneejerk, emotional reactions wrong about?!
Hint: the red numbers were to do something a bit showy, in a sense. And they were delayed because of the Dodgers’ postseason failure. So in a sense, this 60+ year-old story is as modern as current times!
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 0
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 110
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)