Oct 16, 2013, 9:15 AM EST
Without looking first, I’m gonna say it’s because they’re shameless showboats who want to do anything they can to stand out, tradition and proper decorum be damned.
Huh. Wasn’t right about that. What else are my kneejerk, emotional reactions wrong about?!
Hint: the red numbers were to do something a bit showy, in a sense. And they were delayed because of the Dodgers’ postseason failure. So in a sense, this 60+ year-old story is as modern as current times!
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)