Oct 16, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
Without looking first, I’m gonna say it’s because they’re shameless showboats who want to do anything they can to stand out, tradition and proper decorum be damned.
Huh. Wasn’t right about that. What else are my kneejerk, emotional reactions wrong about?!
Hint: the red numbers were to do something a bit showy, in a sense. And they were delayed because of the Dodgers’ postseason failure. So in a sense, this 60+ year-old story is as modern as current times!
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 5
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 40
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 41
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 52
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)