Oct 16, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
Without looking first, I’m gonna say it’s because they’re shameless showboats who want to do anything they can to stand out, tradition and proper decorum be damned.
Huh. Wasn’t right about that. What else are my kneejerk, emotional reactions wrong about?!
Hint: the red numbers were to do something a bit showy, in a sense. And they were delayed because of the Dodgers’ postseason failure. So in a sense, this 60+ year-old story is as modern as current times!
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 76
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)