Oct 17, 2013, 4:16 PM EST
Lineups for Game 5 in Detroit …
SP Jon Lester
There was lots of post-Game 4 talk about benching someone from the left side of the Red Sox’s infield and manager John Farrell has decided to sit third baseman Will Middlebrooks instead of shortstop Stephen Drew. Rookie Xander Bogaerts will get the start at third base and David Ross is also in the lineup in place of Jarrod Saltalamacchia behind the plate. Oh, and after a one-game reprieve Daniel Nava is back on the bench so Jonny Gomes can start against another right-handed pitcher.
After making big changes to the lineup yesterday Tigers manager Jim Leyland is sticking with the same alignment for Game 5, except for swapping Omar Infante and Alex Avila in the batting order. That means more Torii Hunter leading off and another game with Miguel Cabrera batting second, just like all the stat-heads would want.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 64
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 238
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (243)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)