Oct 17, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
If the Cardinals get past the Dodgers they’re still holding out some hope that Allen Craig can be ready for the World Series, so Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that Craig will take batting practice against teammate Jaime Garcia tomorrow.
Garcia is rehabbing after shoulder surgery, so his raw stuff probably isn’t close to being all the way back, but it’ll certainly make for an interesting scene at Busch Stadium. Goold notes that Craig is also expected to get some at-bats against healthy pitchers who simply aren’t on the Cardinals’ playoff roster.
Craig hasn’t played since September 4 because of a foot injury.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)