Oct 17, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
If the Cardinals get past the Dodgers they’re still holding out some hope that Allen Craig can be ready for the World Series, so Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that Craig will take batting practice against teammate Jaime Garcia tomorrow.
Garcia is rehabbing after shoulder surgery, so his raw stuff probably isn’t close to being all the way back, but it’ll certainly make for an interesting scene at Busch Stadium. Goold notes that Craig is also expected to get some at-bats against healthy pitchers who simply aren’t on the Cardinals’ playoff roster.
Craig hasn’t played since September 4 because of a foot injury.
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 8
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 59
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (87)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (77)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)