Oct 17, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
If the Cardinals get past the Dodgers they’re still holding out some hope that Allen Craig can be ready for the World Series, so Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that Craig will take batting practice against teammate Jaime Garcia tomorrow.
Garcia is rehabbing after shoulder surgery, so his raw stuff probably isn’t close to being all the way back, but it’ll certainly make for an interesting scene at Busch Stadium. Goold notes that Craig is also expected to get some at-bats against healthy pitchers who simply aren’t on the Cardinals’ playoff roster.
Craig hasn’t played since September 4 because of a foot injury.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 22
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 2
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 39
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 78
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)