Oct 17, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
If the Cardinals get past the Dodgers they’re still holding out some hope that Allen Craig can be ready for the World Series, so Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that Craig will take batting practice against teammate Jaime Garcia tomorrow.
Garcia is rehabbing after shoulder surgery, so his raw stuff probably isn’t close to being all the way back, but it’ll certainly make for an interesting scene at Busch Stadium. Goold notes that Craig is also expected to get some at-bats against healthy pitchers who simply aren’t on the Cardinals’ playoff roster.
Craig hasn’t played since September 4 because of a foot injury.
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 13
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 41
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 31
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- Billy Beane: The age of “baseball insiders” vs. “baseball outsiders” will soon be over 58
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)