Oct 17, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
Last week the Phillies announced that assistant hitting coach Wally Joyner had decided not to remain on manager Ryne Sandberg’s staff, but apparently he’s had a change of heart.
Todd Zolecki of MLB.com reports that Joyner will stay with the Phillies, in the same role, for 2014. He’ll continue to work with primary hitting coach Steve Henderson, who was retained last week.
First base coach Juan Samuel will also be back in the same role.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 0
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 46
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 6
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 19
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 42